11. Eating at a lot of awesome places: Melt, Chicago Diner, Grahamwich, Hal and Al’s, The Vegetable Garden, Sunspot, Laughing Seed, and Handlebar. Probably a lot more I’m forgetting.
10. Adventures in the North Carolina with Jason and Dewey Jason existing.
9. Oak Hill Cemetery project and being in the news.
8. Going to shows again and seeing Cold Cave, Cut Copy, Matthew Dear, and Lord Centipede.
7. Seeing “Purple Rain” on the big screen with two of my best friends.
6. Watching “Bronson” for the first time and falling in love with the film / Tom Hardy.
5. Learning how to brew beer and it turning out delicious.
4. The Lone Wolf Pack winning $350 for 4th place at the trivia finals aboard the Detroit Princess cruise ship.
3. Getting a 4.0 for a semester in Grad School while working full time and being a Graduate Assistant.
2. Sean and I going to see USA beat Canada for the CONCACAF Cup in Detroit. Everyone was carrying US Flags and chanting “USA!” and it was one of the coolest moments I’ve ever experienced.
1. Going to the University of Tennessee’s Anthropological Research Facility (you know… “The Body Farm”) and recovering, identifying, and learning about bodies. I also made some really awesome friends, won money at trivia, and drank a lot of Fat Tire. It was like doing my dream job for two weeks and it made me really sure of my decision to go into this line of work.